Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men
Hormone therapy programs aren’t only for women. Hormonal imbalances are the root of many chronic health problems and can increase the risk of serious disease in men too. San Diego Low Testosterone Specialist, Stephen Center, M.D. customizes Male Hormone Replacement Therapy programs and individualized nutrition and fitness regimen for the individual needs of each of his male patients. These programs have a track record of successful results in supporting optimal hormone balance in men in all stages of life.
As men age, they experience a more gradual loss of hormones compared to women, mainly declining testosterone levels are to blame for symptoms that may present during this time. This hormone decline is associated with andropause, and can make daily life feel like an uphill battle. A loss of energy, drive and desire for intimacy can take aging men by surprise and kill the spark in their lives. Modern men are living longer and more active lives, Dr. Stephen Center, M.D., San Diego Low Testosterone Specialist, strives to help aging men find relief from the serious symptoms related to hormone decline and imbalance with natural and safe Hormone Replacement Therapy designed specifically for each man’s needs.
Natural Hormones for Relief of Male Andropause Symptoms
Since traditional doctors have been slow to recognize the reality of andropause, the treatments they offer to men have often been less than effective. Assume for a moment that you go to your doctor complaining of erectile dysfunction, lack of focus, and loss of body hair. Since these initially appear to be unrelated problems, you may walk out of your doctor’s office with three different prescriptions. Unfortunately, the different drugs may not interact well with each other and cause harmful side effects. You’re left feeling worse than you did before, which can quickly spiral into feelings of hopelessness and depression.
San Diego Low Testosterone Specialist, Stephen Center, M.D. does things differently. As a member of the Fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine, Dr. Center has received extensive training in the field of Hormone Replacement Therapy for the treatment of the symptoms of Andropause and male hormone decline. With many years of experience working with men of all ages, Dr. Center has seen firsthand the negative effects hormone imbalance can have on the male body.
Dr. Center intently listens to each of his patients as they describe the various symptoms they may be experiencing; this helps him determine if there is a pattern consistent with male hormone deficiency. Not only does andropause bring with it multiple uncomfortable symptoms, decreased levels of testosterone related to andropause may increase the risk of other health problems such as heart disease and sexual dysfunction.
Men who are experiencing the symptoms of andropause can benefit from Natural Hormone Replacement. By balancing hormone levels and eliminating hormonal deficiencies with a customized Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy, many of the symptoms of andropause are reversed, allowing men to enjoy a better quality of life once again.
Are you experiencing symptoms such as low energy, an irritable or depressed mood, weight gain, insomnia, and a host of other issues that you don’t understand? If so, you’re not going crazy. You could be struggling with the symptoms of andropause, a hormonal decline in men that can start as early as age 30. By age 40, many men feel at least some effects of declining levels of testosterone and other hormones.
Conditions That Can Be Treated with Natural Hormone Therapy in Men
- Erectile dysfunction
- The inability to get an erection at all or to maintain one long enough for a satisfying sexual experience is called erectile dysfunction. Declining levels of testosterone is often to blame for this problem; Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy can provide the hormones needed to improve or eliminate the symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
- Low Libido
Adequate levels of testosterone are necessary to signal receptors in the brain and prepare the body to engage in sexual intercourse. When you suddenly lose interest in sex, it is usually due to insufficient testosterone levels. Fortunately, balancing these levels with Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy can help both low libido and erectile dysfunction.
- Weight gain
- If you’re putting on weight despite regular exercise and a healthy diet, it could be due to deficiencies in cortisol and testosterone. Balancing your testosterone and cortisol levels with Male Hormone Replacement Therapy can help prevent and eliminate hormone related weight gain.
- Low testosterone levels are often a factor in fatigue, as are other problems associated with hormone imbalance like night sweats, sleep apnea, and insomnia which can all also contribute to feelings of fatigue. Fortunately, all of these conditions respond well when balancing hormones with a Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Related directly to hormonal function and also worsened by several other negative side effects of hormonal changes, insomnia is defined as the inability to fall asleep or to stay asleep long enough to feel rested. Treating the symptoms of hormone deficiency, dominance or imbalance with Male Hormone Replacement Therapy has been shown to improve sleep cycles and the quality of sleep.
- Sleep Apnea
- Low testosterone in men can contribute to sleep related conditions such as sleep apnea. Inhibited breathing and loud snoring disrupt sleep patterns as a side effect of sleep apnea. When testosterone levels are at their optimal balance it is actually easier to achieve deeper more restful sleep.
- Night Sweats
- Men can experience night sweats as a result of a hormone related condition. Depending on the intensity, night sweats can be accompanied by chills, nausea, headaches or an irregular heartbeat. Maintaining optimal hormone balance with a Hormone Replacement Therapy can lessen the frequency and severity of night sweats as well as many other hormone related symptoms.
- Muscle Atrophy
- As hormone levels begin to decline, a common side effect in the male body is muscle loss. Optimal testosterone levels promote healthy muscle growth and preservation, while declining or imbalanced hormones can lead to muscle atrophy.
- Hair Loss
- A typical symptom of thyroid disorders, hair loss is directly related to male hormones and can mean more than just losing the hair on the head.
- Urinary Problems
Many aging men experience urinary problems connected to hormones. Urinary incontinence relates to a loss of bladder control and is one of many urinary problems experienced as a result of hormones. Maintaining optimal hormonal balance with a Male Hormone Replacement Therapy program can prevent many urinary problems that onset with age.
- Male Hot Flashes
- Similar to those experienced by women, male hot flashes are abrupt and intense sensations of warmth that typically affect the face, neck and upper body. Male hot flashes can occur in varying frequencies and can last from a few minutes to over an hour.
Defined as an atypical male breast enlargement, gynecomastia is a condition connected directly to male hormones. It is commonly found in newborns as a result of the mother’s estrogen still in the male child’s system. When gynecomastia presents itself in adulthood, treating it with Hormone Replacement Therapy is the most effective way to manage it.
- A common side effect of andropause, depression can be caused by imbalanced or deficient hormone levels, but also can be made worse with the onset of various other andropause related symptoms. Gaining weight, feeling tired all the time and a lack of libido is enough to put any man’s mood down.
A general lack of patience or an inability to control temper and mood are sure signs of hormone related irritability in men. Although often caused by low testosterone, irritability can also be caused by estrogen dominance and worsened by environmental factors such as stress.
San Diego Male Hormone Specialist, Dr. Center provides Male Hormone Replacement treatment plans that support men suffering from the symptoms of andropause, low T, adrenal fatigue, thyroid disorders, and other causes of hormone imbalance at his practice in San Diego California.
No longer do aging men have to settle for a quality of life affected by sexual dysfunction or chronic fatigue. If you are suffering from hormone related symptoms or conditions, you are not alone. Thousands of men across the country are turning to Hormone Replacement Therapy for relief from their andropause and other hormonal conditions.