Bioidentical HRT for Menopause and Perimenopause
San Diego Perimenopause and Menopause Doctor, Stephen Center, M.D. of BodyLogicMD in San Diego California is a highly trained female hormone expert with extensive experience treating women in all stages of life with custom Bioidentical Hormone Replacement programs. Whether you are experiencing hormone related symptoms associated with menopause and mid-life changes, or if you have hormonal complications due to an existing medical condition, Dr. Center can offer help in the form of natural Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy as part of his total wellness program.
Hormonal imbalances are the root of many chronic health problems and can increase your risk of serious disease. In women, the symptoms of deficient or imbalanced hormones often first appear with the onset of perimenopause or menopause, when estrogen, progesterone and testosterone production begins to diminish.
Even though all women go through menopause, many are surprised at how quickly it comes on and the severity of the symptoms. Thanks to perimenopause, you may start experiencing issues as early as your mid 30s. Then there’s menopause itself, which doesn’t technically occur until you have gone 12 full months without a menstrual period. Although there is considerable variation, 51 is the average age of menopause for American women.
As if that wasn’t enough, many women continue to feel miserable with post-menopausal symptoms. It’s no wonder that women everywhere are demanding a better, more natural treatment that helps them feel their best and feel younger than they have in years.
- Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Fights age related symptoms
- Reduced risk of heart disease
- Improved brain functions like memory and concentration
- Promotes healthy cholesterol levels
- Enhanced sex drive and libido
- Accelerated fat loss
- Reduced night sweats
- Helps relieve depression-like symptoms
- Minimizes the intensity of mood swings
- Promotes healthy blood sugar levels
- Supports immune health
Women experiencing an imbalance or decline in their hormones understand the frustrations of different hormone-related symptoms. Stress, poor nutrition, and sedentary lifestyles can also result in the decreasing levels of hormones within our bodies. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is a safe and effective alternative to using synthetic hormones or pharmaceuticals in treating the symptoms and conditions related with hormone deficiency or imbalance.
Conditions That Can Be Treated with BHRT in Women
Changes in the body can range from moderate to severe resulting in side effects that leave many women feeling as if they have lost their drive in life during menopause. As hormone levels fluctuate during this time of life, finding and maintaining optimal hormone balance with a Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy has been proven to greatly improve or eliminate symptoms associated with menopause in women.
- Premenstrual Symptoms
- Monthly hormone fluctuations related to the menstrual cycle can cause several undesirable side effects known as premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Symptom severity varies in women from severe to moderate, yet most women did not know there is a way to regulate these hormone fluctuations and alleviate and prevent some of the common symptoms of PMS with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
- Weight gain
- Putting on weight despite regular exercise and a healthy diet can be due to hormone deficiencies or dominances. Balancing hormones and stabilizing metabolic function with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can prevent hormone related weight gain and restore energy levels to help maintain a healthy bodyweight.
- Low Libido
- A common side effect of hormonal decline or imbalance, low libido often affects women during menopause and can have a negative effect on relationships and quality of life. Fortunately, balancing these levels with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can restore libido and alleviate many other menopause related symptoms as well.
- Sexual Dysfunction
Often related to low libido and hormonal imbalances affecting the reproductive systems in women, many factors can contribute to some level of female sexual dysfunction. Obtaining and maintaining optimal hormone levels is essential in preserving female sexual health, and a custom tailored Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is a safe and natural way for women to take charge of their sexual health.
- Chronic Fatigue
- Often related to hormone imbalance and made worse with other hormone related symptoms such as insomnia, the symptoms of fatigue can be debilitating, often taking the spark out of women’s lives leaving them feeling like a hollow shell going through the motions day to day. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can be used to provide relief from the symptoms of fatigue by restoring wellness and optimal hormone balance.
Experienced by many women suffering from hormone related conditions, insomnia can be caused by hormones as well as the onset of other hormone related symptoms such as hot flashes, mood swings and depression. Restoring optimal hormone levels can help improve sleep patterns, making it easier to fall asleep, stay asleep longer, and wake up feeling more rested and restored.
- A common side effect of hormonal changes, depression can be caused by imbalanced, dominant or deficient hormone levels, but also can be made worse with the onset other symptoms of menopause. Gaining weight, feeling tired all the time and a lack of libido is enough to put any woman’s mood down. Controlling hormone levels and finding relief from the symptoms of menopause with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can eliminate the feelings of depression and bring light back into life.
- Memory Loss
Mental elasticity and the ability to retain short term and long term information is a well known as a characteristic that atrophies with age. Understanding the connection between hormones and their interactions with the hypothalamus and mental cognition has led to advances in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy providing a way to prevent and reverse the effects of memory loss.
- Uterine Fibrosis
- Typically caused by imbalanced progesterone and estrogen levels, fibroids are common in women both young and old. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can be used to balance hormone levels and prevent and reverse fibroid growth in women.
Described as abnormal tissue growth that can appear on the female reproductive organs, endometriosis can cause intensified menstrual pains, irregular bleeding, and scarring of the uterus and sexual organs. Controlling estrogen levels with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy and specialized nutrition plans has been shown to greatly improve the symptoms of endometriosis in women.
San Diego Menopause Doctor, Stephen Center, M.D. of BodyLogicMD in San Diego California uses only natural Bioidentical Hormones, which are identical in structure to the hormones naturally produced in the body. Dr. Center provides female hormone replacement programs that support women suffering the symptoms of perimenopause or menopause due to age, adrenal fatigue, or thyroid disorders by using Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
The good news is that hormone losses and imbalances are correctable. Through the use of bioidentical hormones, women can not only be relieved of the symptoms of hormone decline, but also effectively prevent the symptoms and conditions brought about by hormone imbalance. With a customized wellness program designed for your specific needs by Stephen Center, M.D. of BodyLogicMD in San Diego, women in all stages of life can feel healthier and younger than they have in years. From the symptoms of menopause to sexual dysfunction, (BHRT) Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy will change your life for the better.